Friday, 2 December 2016

RMT

Digital technology is software/hardware that is used to aid me in the creative process of completing my media assignment to the highest standard. These devices are manipulated to enhance our heights of inspiration and standards at which we assimilate modern pieces of media text and recreate it into something new and refreshing. Through and applications such as YouTube, Weebly, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe InDesign & Photoshop, we are enabled with the tools that allow us to experiment with our ideas and create a piece of work that is original but recreational. Due to the development of the internet and the media I am able to access social networks such as Instagram, where there are communities based on your preference or methods of creativity, and people are allowed to critique others' recreational ideas. Bricolage is the process of selecting certain characteristics and parts of other people's pieces of work and incorporate it into your own to make a never-seen-before piece of work. Hyper reality is a form of escapism for those
In the audience that want to briefly take a break from the stresses and boredoms of reality. My trailer contains this with the use of the supernatural subgenre. Aesthetics are the aspects of the work you make that are visually pleasing. 

During the brief time spent in my AS preliminary task my skills were extremely limited as it was the first task was ever given to complete on my own. The RMT I used for this task was Internet Explorer to search for examples of what college magazines looked like and use that as a template for my preliminary task. Adobe InDesign was used to copy the layout for my front cover, contents page and double page spread, add pictures from the internet and edit and enhance the typography of the work to help it better-resemble the college magazine I was basing my work off of. Due to the fact that my knowledge and skills in the use of Adobe software was little to none, I was given a photocopy screenshot of the application and labels to explain the use of each tool, easing the difficulty of the task. After completing this task, the end result was not as clean and professional as my work is currently. Since my skills were limited, so was my creativity, I wasn't able to questions the conventions I was portraying and experiment with different layout to improve the result. However, I do feel about of the access to social media and other online sources, my skills have developed further as I have used these resources to help educate myself and to inspire me for my current and future work. 


The AS music magazine I produced was incredibly better than the preliminary task I made, mainly due to the fact that I was able to develop my skills as the course went on and utilise the RMT given to me to the best of my ability, rather than directly copy someone else's work without fully understanding and analysing the conventions which was part of the research and planning I had to do during the course. However, even though I was able to analyse the conventions and understand why certain things went where, I had to go against some of the rules associated with the conventions in order to make my work unique, but this ended with me not following what my audience wanted, but what I wanted. More over, because my ability to use RMT was  not as restricted as it was with the preliminary task. 


No comments:

Post a Comment